Closing Date: 10th May 2019
Based in Family Mediation Northern Ireland (FMNI)
Rights House, 127-131 Ormeau Road
FMNI is the lead agency for the delivery of family mediation and the key training
provider of mediators in NI. FMNI provides a family mediation service to separating
and divorcing parents and others involved in family disputes at venues throughout NI.
The purpose of the post is
- To respond to enquiries by phone and e-mail.
- To inform callers of services available and assist access to those services
- To support the Coordinator and the Mediation Team to maintain accurate
- The role is a varied and challenging one that requires emotional resilience,
initiative, significant organisational skills and commitment to supporting Service
Users, Coordinator and Mediators.
Direct Client Support.
- Supporting parents & family members to access services via telephone, e-mail
- Scheduling initial appointments for ‘intake’ clients.
- Booking venues throughout NI for client access to service
- Liaise with clients and mediators to allocate initial appointments
- Responsible for appropriate response to client voicemail messages.
- Corresponding with clients by text, e-mail, phone and letter
- Ensuring maintenance and confidentiality of filing system & Database adhering
to GDPR standards
- Updating Database for monitoring purposes
- Ensure daily appointment text reminders are issued
- Collate client evaluation feedback
- Collation of target outcomes
- Statistical collation to inform Director, FMNI Board and Funders
- To contribute to promotion of FMNI Services
- To assist with other duties related to organising events i.e. internal
35 hours per week
NJC pt 23 , £22462 per annum
CRITERIA MAY BE ENHANCED IF REQUIRED
- Five GCSE passes at Grade C or above (or equivalent) including English and Maths
- Recognised Helplines training
- RSA / OCR Stage II in Word
- Processing or European Computer Driving Licence (or equivalent)
- Designated Child Protection Training
- Third level qualification
- Recognised Counselling Skills qualification
- Mediation skills training
- Advice Services training
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in a Helpline, Family Support role or similar post plus
- Telephone experience with a potentially highly emotional client group
- Experience of working in a confidential environment.
- Administrative experience, database maintenance, statistical collation.
- Experience of dealing with a multitude of tasks in a methodical way and ability to prioritise in a demanding environment
- An understanding of the roles, links and differences between the voluntary, statutory and private sectors.
- Experience of working in the voluntary sector
Key Competencies and skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Competency in Microsoft Office, Database & file maintenance
- Effective communication skills with clients and professionals, written and oral.
- Ability to work effectively with an internal team and sessional providers
- Emotionally resilient
- Knowledge of safeguarding
- Ability to build effective working relationships
- Knowledge of issues relating to high conflict separation/divorce and its effects on children and families
- Knowledge of relevant resources and agencies in the community
- Knowledge of GDPR